Electricity is very dangerous. It is advisable to have professional and fully certified electricians to perform electrical services around your home.
This blog post outlines a few points regarding electricity and safety for your family and your home.
- Avoid all risks when electricity is concerned. Electricity can kill as well as cause serious burns and health problems.
- When undertaking electrical work hire a certified local electrician to give you a quote on the work required. Don’t be tempted to save money by doing it yourself. Ask your neighbors, family and friends for a good and reliable electrican. Don’t be afraid to obtain several quotes and choose an electrician according to both price range and ability.
- When obtaining quotes, request references and registration certificates to verify qualifications and registrations.
- Check all your sockets and plugs for exposed or loose wires as well as damaged or cracked sockets.
- Due to the heat generated, light fittings are a common source of problems. Check for brittle or cracked elements.
- If appliances have electrical cables exposed or are damaged you should have them tested by a qualified Huntington Beach electrician to make check it is safe to use.
- Cover your electrical sockets with plastic covers that are can not be easily removed by children. This prevents children from putting objects into the sockets and experiencing electrical shocks.
- Do a first aid course so you are able to respond quickly if an electrical accident occurs.
- Buy a portable fire extinguisher. Water is a conductor of electricity thus purchase a chemical extinguisher.
- Teach your children the dangers of electricity.